BTI Prodinsa is a larvicide insecticide produced together with professionals from INTA-IMyZA. Its insecticide power emulates the action behavior of bacteria Bacillus thuringiensis which is normally found in the environment. BTI Prodinsa eliminates the larvae of insects such as Aedes, Anopheles, Culex and Simulium, which include the commonly called “black fly” and mosquito vectors of dengue, malaria and yellow fever. This product is applied in water streams where larvae to be eliminated are reproduced, and, unlike other treatments, it poses no risk to human health.
It eliminates fly and mosquito larvae stopping their reproduction process.
As fly and mosquito larvae have different habits, the application will depend on the desired target.
Mosquitoes: (Eg.: Aedes aegyptis):
– Small areas with low content of organic matter
– 1 to 2 ml (20-40 drops) every 10m2
– Big areas:
– O.3 to 2.4 lt per hectare
– It is recommended to apply in a concentration of 0.5 to 80 mg/lt of water volume.
– The concentration must remain in water for 15 minutes.
Note: if the organic matter and the number of larvae is too high the dose should be doubled.